Its origin started in St.Louis,MO, but honestly I had not heard of it till a few days ago!
It reminds me of a very moist and chewy pound cake!
You have to watch it so you do not overcook it!!
You need to pull it out of the oven when its lightly brown and toothpick tests slightly gooey. If you do not, then you risk a dry and crumbly cake. It will still be tasty, but not gooey like we want!
If you are looking for some more recipes your family will love without complaints, get a copy of my cookbook “Quick and Simple Low Carb Recipes” here and have 75 more low carb recipes at your fingertips!
Keto Gooey Buttercake
- 1/4 cup butter; melted and cooled(1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup erythritol or other granulated sweetener
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz cream cheese; softened (1/2 block)
- 1 1/2 cup powdered erythritol (or confectioners erythritol/monkfruit)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8 pan, set aside
- In a medium bowl mix 1 egg and melted butter with a hand mixer.
- Add in almond flour, granulated sweetener, vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- Spread batter into the bottom of your 8×8 pan.
- Set aside. In same mixing bowl add cream cheese, remaining 1 egg and powdered erythritol. Spread onto 1st layer in pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Toothpick tested with some gooey batter left on it.
- Once it has reached this point, cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp powdered erythritol if desired.
- Store in zip bag or air tight container up to 5 days. For best results, warm up leftovers before eating for best taste.