Its that time again…… PUMPKIN TIME!!
I understand not EVERYONE is excited about pumpkins but boy am I excited!! I never really used to like pumpkin before but tastes change and now it is one of my favorites!!
Here is a pumpkin spice recipe for you that I make up to have on hand for all of my pumpkin recipes each fall!
Low Carb Pumpkin Bread
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum/or glucomannan
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses optional
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flours, baking powder, pumpkin spice, salt and xanthan gum. Whisk well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer cream butter and monkfruit until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides and add in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and vanilla until well combined.
- While mixer is running, slowly add in the pre-whisked dry ingredients in 1/3 increments mixing after each.
- Batter should be thick. Spread into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top if desired. My favorite is pecans.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick test clean when placed in the center. Cool 5 minutes in the pan.
- Gently pull up by the sides of the parchment paper and let finish cooling on a cooling rack before slicing. Store leftovers in the fridge.