I am definitely a cracker lover and was sad to know even the gluten free crackers I was enjoying had a ton of carbs! I enjoyed them occasionally but never got to enjoy without worry until I made these seed crackers!
Not only are they gluten free, low carb but ALSO Nut free for those who need it. Perfect for kids lunches as so many schools have gone nut free!
It really works best in a food processor so make sure you have one! You may try with a high powered blender, but I haven’t tried yet.
Do you need MORE ideas for making your food low carb AND gluten free?
Get one or both of my Low Carb, Gluten Free cookbooks here!
Low Carb Sunflower Seed Crackers
- Food Processor : Check notes for recommended one
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Put seeds and parmesan in a food processor and pulse until it is a fine meal.
- Now add water and baking powder and pulse until the dough is well blended and sticky.
- Cover a flat cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Put the dough in the middle of the paper and cover with an additional piece of parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, press until you get to 1/8” thickness.
- Slowly peel off the top piece of parchment paper and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Now score into squares approximately 1”x1” using a pizza cutter. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter while still hot. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes before breaking apart.
- Store in an air tight container up to 5 days.