I live in Washington. We have TONS of apples🍎
Our apple tree finally gave us apples this year! Of course my kids ate quite a few raw, but the majority were chopped up and made into sauce!
When I first thought of how to use this fresh unsweetened applesauce in my recipes I thought of bread or muffins. The bread turned out amazing! I also tried as muffins and it worked as well!
The kids and I gobbled these up fast! They were REALLY moist and melted in your mouth tender crumb❤
I thought this time I would try out my applesauce bread recipe but make it keto!! It worked!!
So I stored it in the fridge overnight and I am making oven french toast out of it!
I figured out net carbs from the ingredients that contain them: applesauce, almond butter, and coconut flour. I did not add in the monkfruit since it is a 0 net amount.
The full recipe contains 71g net carbs. You can make this in a bread pan, as shown, cut into 10 generous pieces at 7.1g carb each.
You can also make muffins and divide accordingly.
Bake muffins at 350F for 20 min until toothpick tested clean.
I have also made jumbo muffins before baking for 35 min plus 10 min cooling time in the pan.
Keto Applesauce Bread
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup nut butter almond or cashew work best
- 1/4 cup softened butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pecans or keto granola
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl mix softened butter or coconut oil with the monkfruit sweetener until it has lightened in color.
- Now add in the vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well.
- Now add in the dry ingredients except for the nuts/granola if you are using.
- Spread into a 9×5 loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Top with the pecans/keto granola if desired.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until a toothpick tests clean.
- Cool in pan 30 minutes before lifting out to a cooling rack to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in fridge up to 7 days or freezer up to 1 month.