If it has coconut in it I am ALLLL about it! Coconut ice cream, coconut oil, coconut milk in my coffee……its an obsession really! So when I was thinking of HOW I could make a quick coconut cream pie keto WITHOUT needing to make the custard that traditional recipes use I went to my favorite keto pudding mixes from SIMPLY DELISH NATURAL!
The instructions have you mixing and waiting and combining so make sure you read through the whole recipe first before you begin so you are prepared. THEN once it is all together you only have to wait overnight!
Your bliss will be when you take your first bite……oh my it is heavenly bliss!!
Keto Coconut Cream Pie
- stand mixer or hand mixer
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 5 tbsp monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 1/8 tsp powdered stevia
- 1/8 tsp maple extract
- 3 tbsp butter; softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 boxes Simply Delish Vanilla Pudding
- 1 13-14oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 8 oz cream cheese; softened
- 1/3 cup monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 2 cups heavy cream; whipped with 6 tbsp confectioners erithrytol
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Make crust first so it can cool while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl put all crust ingredients in and mix with a fork mashing the butter with the fork.
- Keep working in the butter until it is all moistened and resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into a 9" glass pie pan. It will take some time to work it all around and partly up the sides. Press down with the bottom of a glass or measuring cup that has been chilled.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Watch the last few minutes as it can burn easily.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine the dry pudding mixes with the coconut milk and almond milk.
- Whip with a hand mixer or stand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- ONLY after crust is COMPLETELY cooled, spread 1 1/2 cups of the prepared pudding into the bottom of the crust. Keep remaining pudding for another step.
- In a separate bowl whip cream cheese with the monkfruit sweetener until smooth.
- Now fold in HALF of the whipped cream until completely combined.
- Add HALF of this mixture to the bowl with the remaining pudding mixture. Stir well until combined.
- Spread this mixture OVER the pudding mixture in the pie plate.
- You can either spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on the very top of the pie OR you can reserve it till serving time and pipe out a decorative border as I have here!
- Last layer will be the remaining HALF of the whipped cream that was reserved.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or 8 hours.
- If you saved the 3rd layer for piping do this after it has set for the 8 hrs.
- Optionally top with toasted unsweetened coconut. Simply toast on low in a dry skillet until golden.