It is true that you can have cake for breakfast when you make this super easy and tasty healthy treat!
It is not overly sweet or heavy and goes great with a cup of tea or coffee in the morning! Pair it with a plate of eggs and bacon and you are set! It is also perfect to reach for when you want a chocolate treat because it is not only sugar free but contains protein!
Jazz it up with chopped nuts or a drizzle of sugar free caramel syrup! You can also make it dairy free when you substitute the sour cream with applesauce!
Low Carb Chocolate Snack Cake
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp keto brown sugar
- 10 drops liquid stevia monkfruit/stevia drops recommended – see notes for link to my favorite brand
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking SODA
- 1/4 tsp baking POWDER
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Choczero sugar free baking chips visit notes for link to my favorite kind of baking chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and line an 8×11 bread pan with parchment paper.
- Melt oil & almond butter in a small saucepan. Whisk until uniform.
- Pull off of heat and add all ingredients EXCEPT EGG.
- Whisk it very well. Now add in the egg.
- Now stir in sugar free chocolate chips.
- Spread into a parchment lined 8×11 bread pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and cooling on a rack.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
It will keep up to 5 days in the fridge. Freeze in individual portions if you want to. Keeps in freezer up to 1 month.