We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
It is true that you can have cake for breakfast when you make this super easy and tasty healthy treat!
It is not overly sweet or heavy and goes great with a cup of tea or coffee in the morning!
Pair it with a plate of eggs and bacon and you are set!
It is also perfect to reach for when you want a chocolate treat because it is not only sugar free but contains protein!
Jazz it up with chopped nuts or a drizzle of sugar free caramel syrup!
You can also make it dairy free when you substitute the sour cream with applesauce!
Low Carb Chocolate Snack Cake
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp keto brown sugar
- 10 drops liquid stevia monkfruit/stevia drops recommended – see notes for link to my favorite brand
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking SODA
- 1/4 tsp baking POWDER
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and line an 8×11 bread pan with parchment paper.
- Melt oil & almond butter in a small saucepan. Whisk until uniform.
- Pull off of heat and add all ingredients EXCEPT EGG.
- Whisk it very well. Now add in the egg.
- Now stir in sugar free chocolate chips.
- Spread into a parchment lined 8×11 bread pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and cooling on a rack.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
It will keep up to 5 days in the fridge. Freeze in individual portions if you want to. Keeps in freezer up to 1 month.