We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
Keto Sausage Breakfast Bars (gluten free and grain free)
I needed something quick and portable for school mornings. So I came up with this casserole! It holds together well, so I called it a bar😊
You can make these bars ahead of time for a great breakfast prep and warm up throughout the week! They are so tasty and provide a ton of protein!
Grain free, gluten free, it fits in anyone’s breakfast, keto or not! Even my very picky kids love these!
You will start by browning up 1 lb of breakfast sausage. Drain if necessary but leave a little of the grease.
Now get a medium mixing bowl. I use my favorite glass 4 cup measuring pitcher.
Add 1/3 cup coconut flour.
Put 4 1/2 Tbsp butter in 9×13 pan and put in oven. Preheat to 375F.
Add baking powder, salt, sour cream and heavy cream.
Now add the melted butter from the oven!
Pour in melted butter.
Mix well then add in 1 cup shredded cheese, all of the browned & crumbled sausage.
Now spread into your 9×13″ pan evenly and top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
And bake for 25 minutes.
It makes approximately 12 pieces at 1g net carb each!
Keto Sausage Breakfast Bars
1 lb breakfast sausage browned and drained (can use mild or hot)
4 1/2 tbsp melted butter
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp full fat sour cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
1/3 c heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish. Melt butter in pan while preheating to save time.
Whisk all together except for butter and 1 cup of cheese.
After combined, THEN add in melted butter.
Stir in drained browned sausage and 1 cup reserved shredded cheese.
Stir until combined then pour batter in the greased casserole dish. Spread evenly.
Bake for 25 minutes until it starts to brown a little around the edges.
Will keep easily in the fridge up to 5 days!
Keto Sausage Breakfast Bars
- 1 lb breakfast sausage browned and drained can use mild or hot
- 4 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp full fat sour cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Add butter to 9×13 dish and add to oven while preheating to save time.
- In a large bowl, whisk coconut flour, sour cream, eggs, baking powder, salt, heavy cream.
- After combined, THEN whisk in melted butter.
- Fold in drained browned sausage and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Stir until combined then pour batter in the greased casserole dish. Spread evenly.
- Add the remaining cup of shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until it starts to brown a little around the edges.
- Will keep easily in the fridge up to 5 days!