We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
Keto Burger King Copycat French Toast Sticks Recipe
Indulging in a plate of golden brown, cinnamon sugar-dusted Keto Burger King Copycat French Toast Sticks classic breakfast is a delightful way to start your day!
If you’re following a keto lifestyle or simply want a healthier alternative, you’re in luck since this perfect recipe is gluten free, low carb and sugar free.
These Keto French Toast Sticks are a game-changer for any French toast fanatic out there.
The recipe calls for simple ingredients that are readily available at grocery stores, making it a convenient and healthier choice compared to fast food.
Burger King’s French Toast Sticks have earned a special place in the hearts of breakfast lovers everywhere, but they are made with white bread sticks and I can no longer eat them.
It was before I made the choice to eat healthy when I would visit my the fast food drive thru to get my breakfast of French Toast sticks from the Burger King Breakfast Menu.
That was many years ago before my children were born and I became conscience of our eating habits, especially since going gluten free.
So with the right gluten free bread choice and sugar-free ingredients, I can make Burger King French Toast Sticks fit perfectly into my low-carb gluten free lifestyle.
You can recreate the flavors of the popular fast-food chain’s beloved breakfast value menu item right in your own kitchen with a few simple ingredients and easy steps,
It is an easy and delicious copycat recipe of Bk French Toast sticks that you will want to make again and again because making your own French Toast Sticks allows you to control the quality of ingredients and customize them to your liking.
Keep reading as I go over tips to make this classic recipe in the air fryer and give additional ideas on how to eat them with a variety of options past pure maple syrup!
What you will need to make this French Toast Stick Recipe
- 3 slices of your favorite gluten free or keto bread
- 2 large eggs
- Heavy cream or coconut milk
- Cinnamon; ground
- Vanilla extract
- Butter or coconut oil for cooking
- Keto granulated sweetener
Let’s make our Copycat Burger King French Toast Sticks
Get out a large skillet or frying pan and pre-heat it over medium-high heat so it is nice and hot when you are ready to fry up your french toast sticks.
Start with choosing your favorite keto gluten free bread and set out a each bread slice on a tray so they can dry out a bit.
Working with stale bread instead of fresh bread ensures you get a better result overall.
You will not get soggy french toast sticks and bread that doesn’t fall apart in the french toast batter.
So now that you have your bread of choice ready, take out 3 slices and lets get started!
Cut each slice of bread vertically with a serrated knife into a bread strip like this.
Set these aside while you prepare the egg batter to dip them in.
You will need a large bowl to whisk up 2 large whole eggs and 1/4 cup heavy cream(or canned coconut milk).
Then add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
Whisk it all well until it looks like this!
Now pour this egg mixture into a shallow bowl so you can dip your slices.
You want to make sure it is well whisked as you don’t want stringy egg whites cooked to your sticks!
Now that your skillet is nice and hot add 1 Tbsp coconut oil or butter.
I prefer coconut oil as it gives it a fried doughnut taste that mimics the famous french toast tastes of the Burger King sticks.
Butter works just fine to achieve the taste of the real thing with this keto copycat.
Get your batter bowl close to the pan and dip each side into the egg wash.
Gently place the french toast stick in the pan with hot oil , letting the excess egg mixture drip off before laying them down.
Let them sit for a few minutes until you see the sides of the french toast stick firming up.
You can gently lift one to see if it is golden brown before flipping.
Don’t crowd too many at once in the skillet so you have room to flip them!
You want the finished product to be golden brown like this.
Since I am using thick slices, I also put them on their sides to crisp up the edges.
If your bread is thinner you won’t have to worry about this step.
Now for the best part that really gets the french toast sticks tasting like cinnamon doughnuts!
Add 1/4 cup Lakanto monkfruit sweetener (or preferred granulated sweetener) and 1 Tbsp cinnamon to a small bowl and whisk well.
As the french toast sticks are done, brush them with softened, or melted butter.
Then dip each one in the cinnamon and sweetener mixture bowl.
They are ready to either place on a cookie sheet and freeze for quick breakfasts, or to eat immediately!
I poured out some of Lakantos Sugar Free maple syrup to dip mine in. The kids used real maple syrup for theirs!
- French Toast Sticks are not limited to breakfast alone; they make a tasty snack or even a dessert option.
- Serve them with a side of fresh fruit for a burst of freshness or enjoy them on their own for a delightful indulgence.
- Try different bread types like sourdough or whole wheat for added variety and whole grains if you are not concerned with it being gluten free.
- Turn these into baked french toast sticks when you lay them on a baking sheet with a wire rack. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown and not wet.
FAQ’s about this Keto Burger King French Toast Sticks Recipe
- Are these Keto French Toast Sticks suitable for a low-carb diet? Yes, these Keto French Toast Sticks are specifically designed for individuals following a low-carb or ketogenic diet. The recipe uses keto-friendly ingredients and offers a healthier alternative to traditional French toast that contains white sugar.
- Can I use any type of bread for this recipe? It is recommended to use a keto-friendly bread that is low in carbohydrates. The blog post suggests some options, but you can choose a bread that fits your dietary needs and preferences like sourdough bread. I recommend a bread with a thicker slice that resembles texas toast, but regular whole wheat bread would work too.
- Can I freeze the leftover French Toast Sticks? Yes, if you have leftover French Toast Sticks, you can freeze them for later use. Simply place them on a flat baking pan for one hour in the freezer to flash freeze. This ensures they do not stick together. Then transfer to a freezer-safe container or bag, and when you’re ready to eat them, thaw and reheat in the air fryer or oven at 400F for 8 minutes.
- Can I substitute the heavy cream in the recipe? If you prefer to avoid heavy cream, you can try using alternatives like almond milk or coconut milk. However, note that this may slightly alter the taste and texture of the French Toast Sticks that you may be expecting as a Burger King Copycat.
- Are these French Toast Sticks vegan-friendly? The original recipe includes eggs and heavy cream, which are not suitable for a vegan diet. However, you can experiment with vegan alternatives such as flax eggs and plant-based milk to create a vegan-friendly version. As long as you get the batter to stick then the crispy outside will be achieved with the coconut oil as suggested.
- Can I make these French Toast Sticks ahead of time? Absolutely! You can make a batch of these French Toast Sticks in advance and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. When ready to enjoy, you can reheat them in the oven at 400F for 5 minutes or stick in the toaster for a quick and convenient meal.
- Can I use an air fryer instead of frying the French Toast Sticks in oil? Yes, you can definitely use an air fryer to make these French Toast Sticks. It provides a healthier cooking option with less cooking time while still achieving a crispy texture. Just air fry in a lined or greased air fryer basket. Make sure to spray the toast with a little cooking spray to get the golden color. Air fry at 400F for 4 min, flip then 4 min more. Sprinkle with the erythritol and cinnamon mixture then 4 more minutes. This works with whole pieces of bread or sticks the same.
- Can I customize the toppings for these Keto French Toast Sticks? Absolutely! Feel free to get creative with your toppings like fresh berries, peanut butter, or sugar-free maple syrup. You can also try adding chopped nuts, sugar-free chocolate chips, or a dollop of whipped cream for added indulgence.
With this Keto French Toast Sticks recipe you can enjoy a delicious breakfast without sacrificing your dietary goals.
Whether you’re a fan of Burger King’s French Toast Sticks or simply seeking a healthier alternative to classic French toast, this recipe is the perfect way to satisfy your cravings.
Embrace the golden brown, cinnamon sugar-coated delight of homemade French Toast Sticks, and discover the joy of recreating a beloved fast-food favorite in your own kitchen.
Get ready to savor every bite of this fantastic, low-carb treat that will surely brighten your mornings!
Keto Burger King Copycat French Toast Sticks Recipe
- 3 slices of your favorite gluten free bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Butter or coconut oil for cooking
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup keto granulated sweetener
- Extra butter for brushing onto sticks before dipping in cinnamon/sweetener
- Get out a large skillet or frying pan and pre-heat it over medium-high heat so it is nice and hot when you are ready to fry up your french toast sticks.
- So now that you have your bread of choice ready, take out 3 slices and lets get started!
- Cut each slice of bread vertically with a serrated knife into a bread strip.
- Set these aside while you prepare the egg batter to dip them in.
- You will need a large bowl to whisk up 2 large whole eggs and 1/4 cup heavy cream(or canned coconut milk).
- Then add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Whisk it all well.
- Now pour this egg mixture into a shallow bowl so you can dip your slices.
- Now that your skillet is nice and hot add 1 Tbsp coconut oil or butter.
- I prefer coconut oil as it gives it a fried doughnut taste that mimics the famous french toast tastes of the Burger King sticks.
- Get your batter bowl close to the pan and dip each side into the egg wash.
- Gently place the french toast stick in the pan with hot oil , letting the excess egg mixture drip off before laying them down.
- Let them sit for a few minutes until you see the sides of the french toast stick firming up.
- Don’t crowd too many at once in the skillet so you have room to flip them!
- You want the finished product to be golden brown.
- Add 1/4 cup Lakanto monkfruit sweetener (or preferred granulated sweetener) and 1 Tbsp cinnamon to a small bowl and whisk well.
- As the french toast sticks are done, brush them with softened, or melted butter.
- Then dip each one in the cinnamon and sweetener mixture bowl.
- They are ready to either place on a cookie sheet and freeze for quick breakfasts, or to eat immed
Don’t forget to PIN the pinnable recipe card to your Pinterest board or print out the full recipe card.
We are affiliates with various companies and earn a small commission from these companies when you purchase through my affiliate links.
This is at no extra cost to you.
Thank you for supporting my site and also purchasing through these links to help me to create new keto recipes for you to try!
I love it when you leave a comment with your results.
We all have our own ideas and ways of making recipes so you may share some new things I have not thought of!
Come follow me on social media as I post new recipes and videos on Instagram and Pinterest all the time!
If you love cast iron as much as I do, then you would absolutely LOVE my 2nd cookbook “Chaffles Cast Iron and The Crock” !!
Here are some other breakfast recipes you may love!
- Low Carb Maple Donuts – just as wonderful as these coconut crunch donuts but loaded with maple flavor and a great maple glaze!
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins – always a hit next to some donuts on a brunch table!
- The Best Low Carb Scones Recipe – is great with coffee in the morning or alongside some eggs and sausage!