When I think of pound cake I think of butter and butter and more butter! I know the original pound cake is 1 pound of everything, butter, sugar, flour. This one I have made is not only #keto but also #lowcarb and #gluten free!
The best thing about this cake is that it is just the right amount of sweetness so you can enjoy it as a snack or even a treat with your coffee in the morning! It is all kept keto with a box of Simply Delish Lime Jel!
You will be pleasantly surprised how the Simply Delish Lime Jel adds so much lime flavor to this bread and also lends a moisture to it that helps it keep together and not fall apart!
Keto Key Lime Pound Cake
- 4 oz cream cheese; softened
- 1/2 cup butter; softened
- 1/2 cup monkfruit
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pkg Simply Delish Lime Jel
- 1/2 cup confectioners erythritol
- 1/2 lime juiced and zested
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix dry ingredients: coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and package of Simply Delish Lime Jel. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Add in monkfruit. Mix well.
- Add in eggs one at a time mixing in yolk for each before adding another.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Only mix until it is all moistened and do not overmix.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 1 hour then cover loosely with foil on the top to prevent burning.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes with foil and then toothpick test done.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour before icing.
- Add all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Whisk well and spread over the top of the pound cake. Sprinkle with zest on top.
- Will set up once dried.
- Store in an airtight bag or container up to 5 days on the counter or 8 days in the fridge.