We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
I remember every birthday I would request this cake! Its the dark chocolate, the cherries, the fluffy icing made with pudding…pure heaven!!
My Mom would use a cake mix, cherry pie filling and sugary pudding mix. I have been gluten free and sugar free now for some time so that was not an option. That didn’t stop me though because as I usually say to myself, “I can make that keto and gluten free!”
Boy did I ever!! I am thrilled to present this very special recipe to you that was made possible with Simply Delish Black Cherry Jel and Simply Delish Vanilla Pudding!
These mixes are not only gluten free BUT are keto friendly and are a 1:1 replacement for ANY retro recipe you have using the old sugary versions of the same.
Order some extra pudding and jel so you can make some of my other recipes using Simply Delish like Keto Lime Pound Cake, Keto Mini Glazed Donut Muffins, Keto Strawberry Pudding Ice Cream, Keto Creamsicle Dream Dessert, Keto Strawberry Scones and more!
Keto Black Forest Cupcakes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp collagen
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder I prefer Iconic Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3/4 cup monkfruit I prefer Zen Sweet Monkfruit
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Simply Delish Naturals Black Cherry Jel
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 3/4 c water
- 1 pkg SD black cherry jel
Vanilla Pudding Frosting
- 2 cups heavy cream; divided
- 1 pkg Simply Delish Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Preheat oven to 350F and line or grease a muffin pan.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip the eggs and pumpkin together.
- Add in the softened butter and mix well.
- Now add all of the other ingredients and mix very well until smooth.
- Evenly distribute batter among cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes until toothpick tested clean.
- After cooled, put cupcakes in the refrigerator overnight.
- Make the cherry filling.
- Put cherries and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and mash cherries with the back of a spoon.
- Slowly sprinkle the Simply Delish Black Cherry Jel over it while whisking.
- Put in a covered bowl overnight to thicken.
- The next day stir up cherry filling with a spoon breaking up any clumps.
- Now get out a ziploc bag and fill up with cherry filling.
- Use a 1 tsp measuring spoon to scoop out the middle of the cupcakes. Save the cap.
- Pipe the jam into the middle.
- Replace cap and gently push down.
- Now make frosting!
- Whip 1 cup of heavy cream until soft peaks.
- Mix in 1 pkg Simply Delish Vanilla Pudding.
- Slowly fold in with a spatula an additional 1 cup of heavy cream until smooth and incorporated.
- Pipe or spread over cupcakes.
- Store in fridge.
- Set on counter 10 minutes to bring to room temperature if frosted so it will soften.