We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
It is a popular casserole from my childhood that usually uses the canned cream soup and the cheese tortilla chips loaded with carbs. I have successfully re-created this casserole into a keto, low carb, gluten free version that will top any old retro casserole made with canned soup!
I paired mine with some salad greens and the usual taco toppings like salsa, sour cream and black olives!
I mixed my chip selection up and used half taco flavor and half cheese flavor. Get a box from my link at the bottom of the recipe. It is more cost effective this way versus picking up in the store!
Keto Quest Chip Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef browned & crumbled
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 10oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 9.75 oz cheese chips 9 bags of Quest Chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch or gluten free flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan melt butter.
- Whisk in flour of choice until combined.
- Add a little bit of broth at a time whisking continuously.
- Now add in additional spices, water and heavy cream.
- Whisk well and cook on medium heat until thickened.
- If it thickens too much, add 1/4 cup water. Whisk well.
- Add in cheese and whisk until melted. Remove from heat to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Saute onions and garlic in a pre-heated skillet with a touch of oil for a few minutes.
- Stir in browned and crumbled beef along with taco seasoning.
- Stir in cream soup from earlier plus diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a low simmer then remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream.
- In a 9×13 pan start layering your ingredients.
- Starting with a greased pan, layer crushed chips, ground beef mixture then cheese.
- Repeat 2 more times.
- Last layer should be chips.
- Cover with foil and bake @350F for 30 min.
- Serve with salad greens and taco toppings.
- Reheat leftovers in the oven at 350F for 10 min covered in foil.