This would be perfect for spring now that all the strawberries are finally ripening!!
It takes a bit of time, but is worth every bit of effort! You will surely impress ANYONE who takes a bite of this retro favorite!
This was inspired by L*ttle Debb*e shortcake rolls!
All of the strawberry flavor comes from a few strawberries AND Simply Delish Strawberry Jel! Get some HERE at 10% off!
The frosting holds up so well because I used a little Iconic Vanilla Protein Powder! It is sugar free and super fine so it blends so well in the frosting giving it a smooth taste! Save 15% off of your purchase of a bag to use in your baking and frosting here!
Don’t forget to get some Simply Delish Vanilla pudding to use in the cream filling as well!
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Roll
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar free honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil; melted
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 drops liquid monkfruit sweetener
Strawberry Glaze Filling
- 1 box Simply Delish Naturals Strawberry Jel
- 8 large strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
Whipped Pudding Cream
- 1 tbsp Simply Delish vanilla pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Lily’s Sugar Free White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 oz butter; softened
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup confectioners erythritol
- 3 tbsp Iconic Vanilla Protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 10×15 jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, or with hand mixer, combine sugar free honey and eggs until smooth.
- Now mix in the coconut oil that is in a liquid state.
- Add in heavy cream, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Now mix in the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until golden and toothpick tested clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before turning onto a thin cloth.
- I put the cloth over the top, then a cooling rack and then turned upside down.
- Peel off the parchment paper then slowly from one short end, roll the cake up into the cloth.
- Let this sit until completely cooled.
- Make the jel filling and cream filling while you wait.
- In a small saucepan, cook strawberries with water until they can be easily mashed. Approx. 5 minutes.
- Smash through a sieve and keep puree’.
- Whisk in 1 package of Simply Delish Strawberry Jel.
- Unroll cake and place on a large platter or board flat.
- Brush all over cooled cake.
- Plop cream in small bits all over cake. Spread to connect.
- Roll up cake and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill in fridge 4 hours or overnight.
- Make frosting.
- In a sm. saucepan on LOW melt white chocolate chips. Whisk as it melts.
- Do not leave unattended, it will burn and stick to the bottom of the pan. ONLY use low heat or it will scorch.
- Once it starts to melt, take off of heat and whisk until smooth.Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or in a large bowl w/ a hand mixer, cream the cream cheese, coconut oil & butter well.
- Add in the confectioners sugar, vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract and stevia drops.
- Mix very well until smooth.
- Slowly add in melted white chocolate.
- Place cake roll on platter you will serve from.
- Frost all over including ends.
- Cut into 10 pieces.
- Keeps covered in airtight container up to 7 days.
- Sit at room temperature a few minutes before serving to soften frosting.