We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
This would be perfect for spring now that all the strawberries are finally ripening!!
It takes a bit of time, but is worth every bit of effort! You will surely impress ANYONE who takes a bite of this retro favorite!
This was inspired by L*ttle Debb*e shortcake rolls!
All of the strawberry flavor comes from a few strawberries AND Simply Delish Strawberry Jel! Get some HERE at 10% off!
The frosting holds up so well because I used a little Iconic Vanilla Protein Powder! It is sugar free and super fine so it blends so well in the frosting giving it a smooth taste! Save 15% off of your purchase of a bag to use in your baking and frosting here!
Don’t forget to get some Simply Delish Vanilla pudding to use in the cream filling as well!
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Roll
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar free honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil; melted
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 drops liquid monkfruit sweetener
Strawberry Glaze Filling
- 1 box Simply Delish Naturals Strawberry Jel
- 8 large strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
Whipped Pudding Cream
- 1 tbsp Simply Delish vanilla pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Lily’s Sugar Free White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 oz butter; softened
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup confectioners erythritol
- 3 tbsp Iconic Vanilla Protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 10×15 jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, or with hand mixer, combine sugar free honey and eggs until smooth.
- Now mix in the coconut oil that is in a liquid state.
- Add in heavy cream, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Now mix in the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until golden and toothpick tested clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before turning onto a thin cloth.
- I put the cloth over the top, then a cooling rack and then turned upside down.
- Peel off the parchment paper then slowly from one short end, roll the cake up into the cloth.
- Let this sit until completely cooled.
- Make the jel filling and cream filling while you wait.
- In a small saucepan, cook strawberries with water until they can be easily mashed. Approx. 5 minutes.
- Smash through a sieve and keep puree’.
- Whisk in 1 package of Simply Delish Strawberry Jel.
- Unroll cake and place on a large platter or board flat.
- Brush all over cooled cake.
- Plop cream in small bits all over cake. Spread to connect.
- Roll up cake and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill in fridge 4 hours or overnight.
- Make frosting.
- In a sm. saucepan on LOW melt white chocolate chips. Whisk as it melts.
- Do not leave unattended, it will burn and stick to the bottom of the pan. ONLY use low heat or it will scorch.
- Once it starts to melt, take off of heat and whisk until smooth.Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or in a large bowl w/ a hand mixer, cream the cream cheese, coconut oil & butter well.
- Add in the confectioners sugar, vanilla protein powder, vanilla extract and stevia drops.
- Mix very well until smooth.
- Slowly add in melted white chocolate.
- Place cake roll on platter you will serve from.
- Frost all over including ends.
- Cut into 10 pieces.
- Keeps covered in airtight container up to 7 days.
- Sit at room temperature a few minutes before serving to soften frosting.