We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
Keto 3 Musketeers Candy Bar
It is one of those candies that I have never found sugar free!
Chocolate only, yes, but never a sugar free nougat bar covered in chocolate!
As with all of my recipes, I thought, well, gotta try! Then I remembered my favorite pudding from Simply Delish and thought it would be the perfect light chocolate flavor I was looking for instead of heavy cocoa powder.
Plus, the gelling properties of the pudding would help it hold together better!
Here it is!! It is the richest keto candy bar I have tried yet! There is no way you could eat a whole one! Or maybe you could! LOL!
Next I will be finding ways to incorporate these bars into MORE desserts so go make some today!!
Keto 3 Musketeers Candy Bar
- 1 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 3/4 cup Sugar Free Honey substitute
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 large Egg whites Room temperature
- 1/3 cup Simply Delish Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate baking bits Or 8oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tbsp confectioners erythritol
- 10 drops liquid monkfruit
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- Line a 9×5 bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large nonstick pot, add monkfruit, sugar free honey substitute, water, vanilla extract and cook over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves and the candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees F.
- While the sugar syrup is cooking, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer in a separate LARGE bowl with cream of tartar until firm peaks form.
- Then, slowly drizzle the sugar mixture in a thin but continuous stream, while beating at a medium-high speed.
- Add this super slowly over a span of 2-3 minutes.
- Use a timer if necessary.
- Continue beating the mixture for 15-20 minutes until it has roughly doubled in volume. The color will change too from a golden shade to a lighter shade.
- Now turn mixer to lowest setting and slowly mix in the Simply Delish Chocolate pudding mix.
- After it is mixed in, stop mixer and gently fold the batter until it is all mixed in.
- Add the nougat to prepared pan.
- Spray the palms of your hand with some oil spread it out as evenly as you can.
- Cover with another layer of parchment paper on top and press it down to smooth it out more.
- Allow it to cool and set overnight.
- Then, run a knife (that’s been sprayed with oil) through the edges to loosen the candy.
- Flip the nougat onto a cutting board.
- Use a sharp knife (that’s been sprayed with oil) to cut square pieces. You will need to grease your knife often to prevent it from sticking to the nougat.
- Cut in half width wise then twice lengthwise to make 6 large bars. You may cut in half again if desired.
- Melt all of the chocolate coating ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stay stirring constantly so it doesn’t scorch.
- Pour over upside down bars. Once set, flip and coat the other side.
- Or only coat the top and leave the bottom uncoated.
- Store in fridge up to 7 days. Thaw at room temperature a few minutes to soften nougat.
[…] Keto 3 Musketeers Candy Bar […]