We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
Easy Low Carb Keto Crustless Pizza Casserole Recipe
When time is short on busy weeknights and all you want is a keto pizza this is a great way to a quick meal for your family without giving into ordering a pizza from one of those pizza chains that is near you.
You don’t even need to make a keto pizza crust like I do in my Keto Pizza Recipe here, or a meat crust, just start from the sauce and go from there.
This easy keto dinner recipe will have you covered when you cannot think if what to make, or maybe you need to use up some leftover meat in the fridge before it goes bad.
The browned cheese is the best part of pizza anyway and this has a ton of it in this simple recipe.
Don’t give into regular pizza night, even if your family is having one, and just make this quick alternative loaded with simple ingredients that you control!
It is a great option to help you stay on track with your keto diet and still enjoy the familiar pizza flavours of your favorite pizza.
All of the pizza lovers from your entire family will want to join in to make this easy crustless pizza recipe as it is easy to customize it with everyones favorite pizza toppings.
Keep reading as I help you understand what a keto crustless pizza casserole is and how it will satisfy your pizza cravings with a keto spin!
Is this Crustless Pizza Bowl Recipe Keto?
Most keto crust pizza has a cauliflower crust or fathead dough crust and that is where the carbs come in.
This Easy Low Carb Keto Crustless Pizza Casserole Recipe does not feature a crust so it is all up to you how many carbs it will have.
You choose what your favorite toppings are that fit into your low carb diet.
I stick with meats and cheeses to start then consider if I will add in a garnish of some green pepper or chopped tomatoes.
Try to not over think it and keep this as one of your go-to easy dinner recipes when you need to eat now!
What you will need to make my Easy Low Carb Keto Crustless Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Cast Iron Skillet or baking dish for family size or small pie plate for single serve (as featured in video & photos)
- Prepared Keto Pizza Sauce (purchased without added sugar or make my Low Carb Marinara Sauce)
- Choice of meat: ground beef, ground sausage, pepperoni slices, spicy italian sausage, turkey pepperoni, spicy sausage links chopped, and leftover chicken are just a few.
- Choice of fresh vegetables: red onion, green bell pepper, black olives
- Shredded cheese: mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese
- Extra flavor additions: red pepper flakes, black pepper, fresh basil, italian seasoning, olive oil, garlic powder
Let’s make this Low Carb Pizza Casserole!
Preheat your oven to 350F.
I chose to go with a single serve dish using a metal pie plate that was recycled from a pie.
You can go with a cast-iron skillet for three times as much, or go really big and break out a 9×13 pan so you can feed the whole family at once.
This keto pizza casserole recipe is so easy to customize its crazy!
Just like with a traditional pizza, everyone can have their own version when you separate toppings when putting them on.
Start out by greasing your pan so everything comes out nicely when it is time to serve it up.
Then start building your pizza bowls or family casserole dish by spreading out a thin layer of tomato sauce or marinara sauce.
You want to thinly cover the bottom of the dish where you cannot see the bottom anymore.
The best way to do this is to plop some in and spread it out with a ladel or spatula.
Do not fill too much unless you love extra sauce!
Now fill it with all of your toppings starting with the ground meat or other meats you are using.
Next layer is for your vegetables if you are using.
Then its time to top with cheese.
My preferred cheese is shredded mozzarella, but depending on your toppings, some cheddar cheese might go well with it too.
Then I sprinkle on some black olives and a few additional pepperoni so they will crisp up if you are using them.
To finish off the gluten free pizza casserole, I sprinkle on a few pinches of Italian seasoning.
You could also sprinkle on some of your red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic powder or a drizzle of olive oil for added healthy fats and flavor.
Now put your baking dish in the 350F oven for 10 minutes to get the toppings warm and so the cheese melts.
Once this time is up, turn your oven to BROIL and set your timer for 8 minutes more.
You will want to check at the 5 minute mark when it is on BROIL so it doesn’t burn.
This is the time that has worked out the best for me so the cheese gets slightly browned like it does on a regular pizza.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container up to 5 days in the fridge.
To rewarm, simply add back to a 350F oven for 10 minutes to get the cheese melty again.
Some additional ideas and tips for you with this recipe
- Keep it meatless when you sub in some thin slices of eggplant for the meat to make it an eggplant pizza.
- Purchase some empty metal pie plates from the store that have covers and meal prep up some ahead of time for your lunches this week!
- When you want to keep the carb count to 0 g net carbs , or super low net carbs, leave out the sauce and just do toppings and cheese. Make sure you use some olive oil as your base so it doesn’t get super stuck with the baked cheese.
- Try this in the air fryer. Keep the temperature the same but eliminate the broil step. The cheese will not be browned, but everything will be warmed and melty to eat.
- No oven available? You can make this perfect meal in a nonstick skillet too! Just build it up as directed and cook it over medium heat until the sauce bubbles. Cover the skillet and remove from the heat. The residual heat will melt the cheese.
Easy Low Carb Keto Crustless Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup Keto Marinara Sauce or choice spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup Meat or Veggie Stand in
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or other combination of cheeses
- 1 tsp herbs or spice combination
- 2 tbsp chopped olives or fresh basil optional
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a pie plate or small baking dish.
- Spread marinara sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Now top sauce with meats and vegetables.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheese or cheeses.
- Sprinkle on herbs and seasonings.
- If using black olives or fresh basil, sprinkle on at the very end.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
- Now turn the oven to BROIL or 500F.
- Bake 8 minutes more until the cheese is browned and sauce is bubbly.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
- Reheat at 350F for 10 minutes from cold until cheese is melty and warm.
Don’t forget to PIN the pinnable recipe card to your Pinterest board or print out the complete recipe card.
We are affiliates with various companies and earn a small commission from these companies when you purchase through my affiliate links.
This is at no additional cost to you.
Thank you for supporting my site and also purchasing through these links to help me to create new keto recipes for you to try!
I love it when you leave a comment with your results.
We all have our own ideas and ways of making recipes so you may share some new things I have not thought of!