We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
How to Reheat Biscuits in an Airfryer
So it is the beginning of the week and you have some leftover homemade biscuits from the weekend, when you made Low Carb Biscuits and Gravy, you want to re-heat.
The best way to warm up leftover biscuits to enjoy again is either in the oven or the air fryer!
It is best to reheat them from room temperature as this eliminates the need to heat them longer.
Not only is this the great way to warm them up without making them hard, but it allows for the biscuits to not dry out and preserves the texture of the biscuits.
If you have stored them in the fridge and they are cold, then you can still reheat them without a problem!
Getting the “fresh biscuits” taste to return takes a few extra steps but is worth it!
These instructions will work with any type of biscuits you may have leftover like your cheddar bay biscuits from dinner at Red Lobster, canned biscuits from your family breakfast, or Pillsbury Brand jumbo biscuits.
There are a few simple steps to take to restore your biscuits back to the original buttery biscuits you had when they were fresh!
These methods work on a small batch of biscuits or a large batch of biscuits, whatever you need to reheat will work with these simple methods.
Follow my tips for the best results in turning your cold biscuits into the delicious biscuits that they were originally!
How to Reheat Biscuits in an Oven Style Air fryer
If your biscuits are coming out of the refrigerator, which is where you would need to store my Keto 5 Ingredient Biscuits anyway, then you can go ahead and reheat them as is.
Since my air fryer is an oven style air fryer, that is what I am referring to.
If you have a basket style air fryer, these instructions should work the same.
As well as if you are using a traditional oven, follow the same instructions!
Even if they were at room temperature, follow the same instructions as the biscuits will warm just the same.
One thing you need to remember is that you want to preserve the moisture of the biscuits as much as you can.
Do this by brushing with butter all over the exposed sides.
Now you will need to make a foil packet to encase them in.
If you just throw them in the air fryer basket and reheat, the outside will get hard and the inside will not get warm enough.
Lay down a piece of aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray and place each individual biscuit in a single layer about a half inch apart from each other.
Now brush butter all over the outside of the biscuits.
If you have a small spray bottle that can be filled with water and spritzed over the biscuits then do it.
I know not everyone has this available, but it does help with returning the moisture to the biscuits.
Once you have them covered in melted butter, and water spritzed, if you are doing that, put another piece of foil over the top and crimp the sides together.
This creates a seal so the moisture does not escape, and your reheated biscuits taste just as delicious as when you made them!
Place them on the air fryer basket or middle rack if your airfryer is like mine.
Turn your airfryer to 400 degrees F and cook the wrapped biscuits for 8-10 minutes.
Now turn the biscuit packet around and airfry for 2-3 minutes more.
Leave the packet to sit in the air fryer for a minute or two before removing and opening the packet.
Once you open the packet you should find that the biscuits are steaming hot
You can go ahead and eat them at this point, or you can put them in a cloth lined bowl and then cover with another cloth to serve with your meal.
How to Reheat Biscuits From Frozen
These instructions include how to reheat biscuits from frozen.
Using your air fryer frozen biscuits will take a couple of minutes longer as it has to thaw first then heat.
It is a great option when you do not have a lot of time.
It is assumed that the biscuits are not raw, and are already fully cooked biscuits.
You will follow the same simple steps of brushing them with butter and then encasing in a foil packet.
This ensures that you still have fluffy biscuits after warming instead of hard biscuits.
It does take a little longer this way instead of letting them come to room temperature, but it is the quickest way to go from frozen to eating hot biscuits!
Now you will need to increase your cooking time altogether and take one extra step.
After you have heated them for the original cook time of 8-10 minutes, open the packet and flip them over, brush with additional butter, then proceed with the second air frying for 2-3 minutes.
The extra butter brushing and flipping them over halfway helps to give you perfect biscuits every time.
Some tips on how to store your biscuits the right way to ensure the best results in reheating
- Before you store your biscuits in an air-tight container, wrap each one with saran wrap so the moisture will be maintained.
- If you want to freeze baked biscuits, the best method to follow is to place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and flash freeze them for 1 hour. Then before putting them in a freezer bag, wrap each one individually with plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn. If you choose an airtight container, make sure there is minimal space between each biscuit to prevent freezer burn.
Other ideas with reheating biscuits and what to use them for!
- Instead of eating the biscuits plain, cook up some eggs and bacon to make biscuit breakfast sandwiches. These too can be frozen ahead of time then reheated in the air fryer without a problem. Just cover in foil and put in the air fryer for 10 minutes. The hot air that surrounds the sandwich will help reheat it.
- Use the leftover biscuits in your favorite bread pudding recipe to create a biscuit pudding treat!
- Grind up cold biscuits in a grinder to make bread crumbs! This idea works great in my simple recipe for Keto Meatballs as it soaks up moisture and helps hold the meat together.
- You can also use the crumbs for breading my Extra Crispy Keto Chicken Strips instead of pork rinds if you wish. You could also combine them with the pork rinds if you are running low as they are a great addition that crisps up great!
Here are a few other easy air fryer recipes that you can make!
Don’t forget to save this post and the recipe card from my Keto Biscuits for your next breakfast!
We use affiliate links throughout our site.
If you make a purchase through any of these links it will provide a small commission to us at no cost to you.