We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
Sweetened condensed milk? It’s actually possible! All you need are 5 ingredients and a few minutes.
The key here is to be patient as the mixture simmers and thickens. Don’t rush the process and burn it!
Can you think of a retro recipe that this would be great in?
-Low Carb Ice Cream
-Drizzled over cake
Now you can have the best of both worlds: sweetened condensed milk that’s creamy, rich, and delicious—but without all the sugar.
What will you use this Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk in?
Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk
Now all of your retro recipes can be revived with this keto adapted favorite ingredient!
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1/4 cup allulose sweetener or additional erythritol
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- 1 large egg yolk
- In a small saucepan melt cream and butter while whisking.
- Add in sweeteners.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and cook for 8-10 min stirring occasionally.
- Put your egg yolk in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the warm mixture into the egg yolk a tablespoon at a time.
- Let cool 10 min before using OR storing in a jar for later.
- It may thicken, if so, thin by gently heating in a saucepan.
[…] use this sweetener in my KETO SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK recipe just for this […]