We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
It’s time to enjoy the sweet summer months with this keto friendly ice cream recipe that is super simple to make!
It uses real cream which makes all the difference in the taste and texture!
It can be made dairy free with canned coconut milk if you want.
I will show you how to make Keto Maple Pecan Ice Cream so easily!
All you need is a mixing bowl and a whisk.
It will also work without an ice cream maker if you do not have one.
Keto Maple Pecan Ice Cream
It is your favorite flavor re-created without the sugar and all of the taste!
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream or full fat canned coconut milk for dairy free
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup confectioners style erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 cup allulose sweetener
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp vodka or omit but will end up harder in freezer
- 1/4 tsp maple extract or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum optional but recommended
- If you have an ice cream maker, follow the manufacturer's instructions. I use my Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Maker bowl that attaches to my Kitchen Aid Mixer and have had it for years! It needs to go in the freezer beforehand.
- In a small saucepan heat heavy cream, unsweetened almond milk & sweeteners.
- Whisk until it starts to steam and sweeteners have dissolved.
- Put yolks in a medium bowl.
- While whisking yolks, slowly add heated milk mixture.
- Cool completely then chill in the fridge up to 3 hours minimum.
- Now stir in the vodka & extracts.
- Process in ice cream maker or freeze in shallow pan stirring every hour.
- Once frozen through, serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the freezer for up to a week. It stays softer than normal with the addition of the vodka. If you omit it then the ice cream will have to sit out for 15 minutes before being able to be scooped.