You know it sounds odd having bacon in a dessert, but the bacon is really set to a different level with this combination of salty, decadent caramel and fudgy brownie❤
The steps are simple for these gems and it comes together easily…..if you have patience!
I make my bacon ahead of time and then let the caramel simmer as I make the brownies❤
Keto Caramel Bacon Brownies
- 8 tbsp butter (1 stick)
- 2 tbsp bacon grease
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup allulose
- 1/2 cup confectioners erythritol
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Choc zero caramel syrup
- 1/2 cup fine ground almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Choc Zero sugar free chocolate chips
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp; chopped fine
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup granulated allulose sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In small pan melt butter and bacon grease. Stir in allulose and confectioners erythritol. Whisk well. Now add in the cocoa powder. Whisk well.
- Cool 5 minutes. Whisk in 2 eggs. Then add in vanilla, baking powder and almond flour.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips. Spread into parchment lined pan. Drizzle with Choc Zero Caramel syrup. Sprinkle with HALF of the bacon pieces and remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan stirring constantly.
- Once butter has melted, then foamed up it will start to turn brown. Keep stirring until golden brown.
- Quickly add in the heavy cream and allulose. Stir well.
- Let simmer on lowest burner setting for 45-50 minutes. Check on it occasionally and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and pour into a jar.
- Let sit 30-40 minutes before using. You can put in fridge to thicken quicker.
- After brownies have cooled and caramel has thickened, drizzle caramel over all of the brownies. Sprinkle with remaining bacon crumbles. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.