We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
I have not really had many crepes before in my life. Pancakes, yes, but crepes, no. So when my husband asked for some I had to figure out a low carb version that would work, and this one does!
I had strawberries with mine, but you could easily go with a different berry! Berries are low in carbs and high in fiber so they are a perfect fit for a low carb lifestyle!
Low Carb Crepes
Enjoy crepes again with this quick recipe that comes together easy in your blender! Use cream cheese in place of mascarpone if you cannot find mascarpone. Makes 2 to 3 large crepes @ 1g net carbs each. Add in berries, I used 1/2 cup fresh strawberries at 6g net carbs. Blackberries are less, blueberries are more.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese can sub in cream cheese, blend extra for smoothness
- 1 tsp monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- Preheat a griddle skillet on medium heat. Add all ingredients in order to a blender.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Brush oil onto warmed skillet. Tilt the skillet at a side angle and pour 1/4 cup batter in a swirl pattern while swirling the skillet until all covered.
- Wait until the edges dry then carefully with a scraper/spatula work it under the crepe to the center.
- Move spatula around to loosen the whole crepe then carefully flip over.
- Cook an additional minute to set the other side.
- Put onto a plate and fill with berries and top with Keto Maple Syrup. Top with sugar free whipped cream for ultimate enjoyment!