I have not really had many crepes before in my life. Pancakes, yes, but crepes, no. So when my husband asked for some I had to figure out a low carb version that would work, and this one does!
I had strawberries with mine, but you could easily go with a different berry! Berries are low in carbs and high in fiber so they are a perfect fit for a low carb lifestyle!
Low Carb Crepes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese can sub in cream cheese, blend extra for smoothness
- 1 tsp monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- Preheat a griddle skillet on medium heat. Add all ingredients in order to a blender.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Brush oil onto warmed skillet. Tilt the skillet at a side angle and pour 1/4 cup batter in a swirl pattern while swirling the skillet until all covered.
- Wait until the edges dry then carefully with a scraper/spatula work it under the crepe to the center.
- Move spatula around to loosen the whole crepe then carefully flip over.
- Cook an additional minute to set the other side.
- Put onto a plate and fill with berries and top with Keto Maple Syrup. Top with sugar free whipped cream for ultimate enjoyment!