We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
If there is one thing I miss, its chocolate sandwich cookies. I actually have not eaten them in a long time since going gluten free, but I have fond memories of them.
I used to eat them with my Dad in the morning when I was little before he went to work! He would let me dunk them in his coffee, soo good!
These come together quickly and are soooooo good!!
I love that it uses ingredients I already have for my keto baking😍
Keto Chocolate Sandwich Creme' Cookies
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 large egg room temperature or warmed
- 1/3 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1/4 tsp powdered stevia
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp dark cocoa powder getting dark helps it taste like the cookies but regular can be used
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup confectioners erythritol
- 2 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small saucepan melt the chocolate chips and butter. Whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the monkfruit, stevia and egg until smooth.
- Add in almond flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Whisk well.
- Scoop onto parchment or silpat lined pan in 1.5 tbsp amounts or use cookie scoop.
- Bake 12 min. Whack on counter as soon as they come out to flatten. Then cool 10 min on pan.
- In a small bowl add all ingredients.
- With an electric mixer whip all 3 minutes.
- With a piping bag or ziploc bag with corner cut, pipe out a 1.5 inch circle on one cookie. Slowly press down another cookie on top.