We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
Usually Chicken Parmesan is coated in wheat crumbs and covered in sauce that is loaded with sugar!! Not anymore! Now you have a tasty option that is not only low carb but will become a family favorite they will request over and over!
The crispy coating makes for super tasty leftovers, especially if you take leftovers to work the next day 🙂
If you are looking for some more recipes your family will love without complaints, get a copy of my cookbook “Quick and Simple Low Carb Recipes” here and have 75 more low carb recipes at your fingertips!
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced lengthwise
- 2 large eggs; whisked
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic; minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
Topping for baking
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise. In a small bowl whisk eggs, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add to a shallow bowl. Allow chicken cutlets to sit in the egg mixture, rotating to coat. Allow to sit 15 minutes covered.
- In a shallow bowl mix together the pork rinds, almond flour, parmesan, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Dip chicken in crumb mixture one at a time after letting the egg wash drip away a bit before covering in the breading.
- Flip and press lightly to coat the other side. Place the chicken cutlets on a baking sheet. Let them sit for 5 minutes while you heat up the frying oil in an oven proof skillet. The oil will be at the correct temperature when the end of a wooden spoon forms bubbles when placed in the oil.
- Fry each cutlet for 5 minutes on each side with the oil at a medium temperature. Remove from the skillet once they are all fried. Remove oil from the pan and wipe clean.
- Dump all sauce ingredients in the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes to meld the flavors.
Assembling the dish
- Now with the marinara sauce in the oven proof skillet, put the chicken cutlets in the sauce.
- Spoon the sauce over the cutlets so they are covered. Mix all of the topping ingredients together in a small bowl then sprinkle over each cutlet in the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.