Usually Chicken Parmesan is coated in wheat crumbs and covered in sauce that is loaded with sugar!! Not anymore! Now you have a tasty option that is not only low carb but will become a family favorite they will request over and over!
The crispy coating makes for super tasty leftovers, especially if you take leftovers to work the next day 🙂
If you are looking for some more recipes your family will love without complaints, get a copy of my cookbook “Quick and Simple Low Carb Recipes” here and have 75 more low carb recipes at your fingertips!
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced lengthwise
- 2 large eggs; whisked
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic; minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
Topping for baking
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise. In a small bowl whisk eggs, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add to a shallow bowl. Allow chicken cutlets to sit in the egg mixture, rotating to coat. Allow to sit 15 minutes covered.
- In a shallow bowl mix together the pork rinds, almond flour, parmesan, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Dip chicken in crumb mixture one at a time after letting the egg wash drip away a bit before covering in the breading.
- Flip and press lightly to coat the other side. Place the chicken cutlets on a baking sheet. Let them sit for 5 minutes while you heat up the frying oil in an oven proof skillet. The oil will be at the correct temperature when the end of a wooden spoon forms bubbles when placed in the oil.
- Fry each cutlet for 5 minutes on each side with the oil at a medium temperature. Remove from the skillet once they are all fried. Remove oil from the pan and wipe clean.
- Dump all sauce ingredients in the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes to meld the flavors.
Assembling the dish
- Now with the marinara sauce in the oven proof skillet, put the chicken cutlets in the sauce.
- Spoon the sauce over the cutlets so they are covered. Mix all of the topping ingredients together in a small bowl then sprinkle over each cutlet in the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.