We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
Keto Banana Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
It is like your favorite banana bread has chocolate chips in it then its transformed into a small, portable soft cookie!
The best part is that these Keto Banana Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are not only gluten free, keto, and sugar free, but they can also be made dairy free if you use vegan butter!
They are the softest cookies that stay soft for days, no drying out, and that is thanks to the addition of the secret ingredient of a pudding mix from Simply Delish Naturals.
It adds a tenderness to the otherwise crumbly texture that almond flour cookies sometimes have.
The banana pudding mix is the perfect flavor for these chewy pudding cookies, and the sugar free dark chocolate chips really add a great flare that is hard to beat!
Keep reading to the end of the post where I go over ideas of how to jazz these moist cookies up and make them your own!
You will also find quick links to my other easy recipes using keto vanilla pudding mix!
Here is what you will need to make your new favorite cookie!
- Butter: Make sure you plan ahead enough to have it softened to room temperature so it creams well with the monkfruit. If you forget to set the butter out, check out my post here for quickly softening butter! I chose salted butter but you can also use unsalted butter and add a pinch of salt if you wish.
- Keto brown sugar: You can buy it here or check out my post where I show you how to make your own!
- Monkfruit/erythritol: Any granulated keto sweetener will work here. I love the blends as they are closer to white sugar sweetness.
- Simply Delish Sugar Free Banana Pudding : Order through my link to get 10% off or you may find it at your local grocery store.
- Large eggs : These need to be at room temperature for good reason. You do not want it to harden the butter. Quickest way is to put them in hot tap water for 10 minutes. Don’t worry, it will not cook them.
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond flour: Make sure this is almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal has flakes of almond skins and will not result in the cookies as pictured.
- Coconut flour: I only use a little bit, but it helps with keeping the texture as close to wheat flour as possible, so don’t leave it out.
- Baking soda: Just a little bit of this helps to give the cookies rise.
- Sugar free chocolate chips: My favorite sugar free chocolate chips are these!
Now let’s make this chewy cookie with loads of banana flavor!
It is important to cream the butter and sweeteners together so you will need a stand mixer or hand mixer to do this.
Put the softened butter in a large bowl and mix until fluffy.
Now add your keto brown sugar and monkfruit to the butter.
Mix it very well on medium speed with your electric mixer until it is fluffy and light in color.
Now add in your eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
In a separate medium bowl, mix together your dry ingredients including the instant pudding mix since we are using the dry pudding mix in the recipe and not the actual pudding prepared.
Mixing in a separate bowl helps to not have any clumps in the batter, especially since we are using coconut flour which tends to clump easily.
Now with the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients in thirds mixing well after each addition.
Let the batter sit for 1-2 minutes so it can meld together and create the chewy texture.
Now take a cookie scoop and place individual balls of the cookie batter 1 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
This ensures the cookie dough does not stick, its an important part, even if your cookie sheets are non-stick.
Bake them up for 10-11 minutes.
I recommend checking on them at the 9-10 minute mark of the baking time as if they brown too much they will lose their softness.
You want a golden brown edge and a set center.
Once they come out of the oven, they will appear to be a thicker cookie, but just gently press them down so the cookies are about 1/2 inch thick.
Let them sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing and finishing cooling on a wire rack.
I love to enjoy the baked cookies while still warm, but I can tell you that they do improve with sitting.
When you taste these Keto Banana Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies for the first time after baking day, you will know what I mean when I say that they remind me of the soft chocolate chip cookies from retro days!
They truly are a family favorite that are deemed to be the best cookies!
The addition of pudding to the recipe really puts it over the top in moist, chewy texture.
Keep them in an airtight container up to 5 days on the counter.
You could also freeze them up to two months.
Flash freeze them on a baking sheet for an hour, then put them in a freezer bag long term.
One idea is to wrap them in pairs with plastic wrap, THEN add it to the freezer bag.
This way it helps prevent possible freezer burn, and you can easily have portion control when you set out a package to thaw before eating!
Here are some more ideas and tips to jazz up this recipe!
- Amp up the chocolate flavor beyond the chocolate chips making a chocolate version when you use a instant chocolate pudding mix instead of a banana one. You will end up with chewy double chocolate chip cookies when you try it!
- Go a step further and add in different kinds of chocolate like milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, chocolate chunks and even 1 tablespoon of hershey’s special dark cocoa powder! This will result in the ultimate chocolate lovers triple chocolate pudding cookies where too much chocolate doesn’t exist!
- Make these a little less chocolatey when you use a vanilla instant pudding mix and create a classic chocolate chip cookies recipe. Classic chocolate chip pudding cookies rival any old chocolate chip cookie recipe you would make!
- You can add flair to any of your favorite recipes with the addition of pudding. A box of instant pudding mix is the secret ingredient that transforms any cookie recipe to become the best chewy chocolate chip cookies, or the best chocolate cookies! Next time you make cookies, consider if it may be improved by adding it in! There are so many new pudding cookie recipes you can come up with!
- Turn them into peanut butter chocolate chocolate chip pudding cookies when you swap out 2 tablespoons of the butter with creamy peanut butter! Since it is a fat, you want to swap out a little butter with it so they are not too oily.
Order more than just one box of Simply Delish Pudding so you can try some of these recipes!
- The Best Keto Banana Pudding Cake – This easy recipe features my go-to Keto Yellow Cake recipe, no yellow cake mix is needed! Whip up the cake in no time and keep it even simpler by getting a Keto Banana Instant Pudding Mix from Simply Delish!
- Keto Gluten Free Strawberry Cake Recipe – The frosting is fluffy and decadent, with all of the bursting strawberry flavor without any sugar OR gluten! Yes, its possible to have a homemade strawberry cake be just as amazing as a bakery one but you can smile big because you made it yourself with this easy recipe!
- Easy Keto Butterscotch Fudge (gluten free) – Its all of the butterscotch flavor without the sugar, without gluten and loaded with taste explosions in every bite!
Keto Banana Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter; softened
- 5 tbsp keto brown sugar; packed
- 2 tbsp monkfruit/erythritol
- 1 box Simply Delish Sugar Free Banana Pudding look in notes for order link
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix flours and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer cream butter with keto brown sugar, monkfruit, pudding mix, eggs and vanilla extract very well.
- Add in flour mixture while mixing.
- Now let it sit for 5 minutes to meld the ingredients.
- Stir in sugar free chocolate chips.
- Portion in 2 tbsp sized scoops or mounds onto a parchment lined pan.
- Bake 11-13 minutes until lightly brown, Do not over bake!
- Once out of the oven, immediately flatten gently with a spatula to 1/2 inch thickness. Gently so you do not crack the top.
- Cool on pan 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- They will appear unbaked but they will finish cooking as they cool.
- I enjoy my first one warm after it has set.
- They are honestly best the day after as they have had time to set up and turn into the texture that reminds you of the soft baked ahoy cookies from childhood!
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week on counter and 2 weeks in fridge.
Don’t forget to PIN the pinnable recipe card to your Pinterest board or print out the complete recipe card.
We are affiliates with various companies and earn a small commission from these companies when you purchase through my affiliate links.
This is at no cost to you.
Thank you for supporting my site and also for creating new keto recipes for you to try!