So if you have not seen my other posts, I must let you know I am on a mission to re-create all of my retro childhood sweets and make them keto AND gluten free!
This recipe is no different! It is another l*ttle debb*e copycat treat……CHERRY CORDIALS!
I only add a few real cherries because the bulk of it comes from my favorite Keto Jel powder by Simply Delish Naturals!
Yes I have seen where its added to pre-made cool whip but that is not how I do things here, I figured out how to make it all from scratch!
First make the cakes, cut them out and cool in the fridge overnight. Make the filling the next day then coat with chocolate and put in freezer to set. Once set it can stay at room temperature up to 24hrs. Keep in fridge after that. These can be frozen before covering with chocolate then cover with fresh melted chocolate the day of or a day before. The chocolate coating may not keep if frozen.
Don’t forget to save 10% off of any order of Simply Delish Naturals jels or puddings when you visit HERE!
or use coupon code LOWCARBWITHTHECARRS at checkout!
Keto Cherry Cordial Cakes
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2/3 c coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter; softened
- 1 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup allulose
- 7 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 1/3 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Simply Delish Naturals Black Cherry Jel
- 1 cup frozen cherries; thawed, drained and chopped fine
- 2 cups dark unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup granulated allulose sweetener
- 1 tbsp palm shortening
- 20 drops liquid monkfruit/stevia
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients together except sweeteners. Whisk and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sweeteners till light. Approx 5 min.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Mix well.
- Now add in unsweetened almond milk, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Slowly add in dry mixture as it mixes on low. Scrape sides and continue mixing for 3 minutes
- Let batter sit for 5 min. Mix one last time a few seconds. Spread out into parchment lined large jellyroll pan.
- Bake 25 min,parchment lined large jellyroll pan until toothpick tests clean.
- Once cooled use a wide mouth canning lid to cut out rounds.
- Carefully slice rounds in half lengthwise.
- Pipe filling onto one round cake leaving a 1/4" border. Top with other half.
- Coat with chocolate and put in freezer 15 min to set. Store in fridge up to 5 days.
- Can freeze uncoated filled cakes up to 1 month. Coat once thawed overnight in fridge.
- Put heavy cream and gel in large bowl.
- Whip until soft peaks form.
- Fold in cherries. Pipe onto cakes or scoop with spoon.
- Melt all in a saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk constantly.
- DO NOT MICROWAVE!!!
- Once almost completely melted remove from heat and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over filled cake sandwiches.