We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
If it has coconut in it I am ALLLL about it! Coconut ice cream, coconut oil, coconut milk in my coffee……its an obsession really! So when I was thinking of HOW I could make a quick coconut cream pie keto WITHOUT needing to make the custard that traditional recipes use I went to my favorite keto pudding mixes from SIMPLY DELISH NATURAL!
The instructions have you mixing and waiting and combining so make sure you read through the whole recipe first before you begin so you are prepared. THEN once it is all together you only have to wait overnight!
Your bliss will be when you take your first bite……oh my it is heavenly bliss!!
Keto Coconut Cream Pie
- stand mixer or hand mixer
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 5 tbsp monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 1/8 tsp powdered stevia
- 1/8 tsp maple extract
- 3 tbsp butter; softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 boxes Simply Delish Vanilla Pudding
- 1 13-14oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk plus extra if needed
- 8 oz cream cheese; softened
- 1/3 cup monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp confectioners erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Make crust first so it can cool while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl put all crust ingredients in and mix with a fork mashing the butter with the fork.
- Keep working in the butter until it is all moistened and resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into a 9" glass pie pan. It will take some time to work it all around and partly up the sides. Press down with the bottom of a glass or measuring cup that has been chilled.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Watch the last few minutes as it can burn easily.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine the dry pudding mixes with the coconut milk and almond milk.
- Whip with a hand mixer or stand mixer for 2 minutes.
- It should have a creamy consistency. If it is super thick, add a little bit of unsweetened almond milk 1 tbsp at a time until it is creamy.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- ONLY after crust is COMPLETELY cooled, spread 1 1/2 cups of the prepared pudding into the bottom of the crust. Set aside any remaining pudding for another step.
- In a separate bowl make the whipped cream.
- Whip heavy cream, confectioners erythritol and vanilla extract until you get soft peaks.
- In another separate bowl whip cream cheese with the monkfruit sweetener until smooth.
- Now fold HALF of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until completely combined. Reserve the other half of the whipped cream for another step.
- Now add HALF of this mixture you just created (with the whipped cream and cream cheese) to the bowl with the remaining pudding mixture. Stir well until combined.
- Spread this newly created mixture OVER the pudding mixture in the pie plate.
- You can either spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on the very top of the pie OR you can reserve it till serving time and pipe out a decorative border as I have here!
- The last layer you will spread onto the pie will be the remaining HALF of the whipped cream that was reserved.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or 8 hours.
- If you saved the 3rd layer for piping do this after it has set for the 8 hrs.
- Optionally top with toasted unsweetened coconut. Simply toast on low in a dry skillet until golden.
Melissa, this sounds delicious!
Thank you so much! Oh boy it is truly amazing😍 you have to make it!
Goodness this looks absolutely delicious. Coconut is my favorite and I rarely eat it – but I need to start cooking with it more. Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks so much! You are welcome!! You can totally do this one with vegan butter and coconut cream whipped cream!!
[…] Keto Coconut Cream Pie […]