We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
If it has coconut in it I am ALLLL about it! Coconut ice cream, coconut oil, coconut milk in my coffee……its an obsession really! So when I was thinking of HOW I could make a quick coconut cream pie keto WITHOUT needing to make the custard that traditional recipes use I went to my favorite keto pudding mixes from SIMPLY DELISH NATURAL!
The instructions have you mixing and waiting and combining so make sure you read through the whole recipe first before you begin so you are prepared. THEN once it is all together you only have to wait overnight!
Your bliss will be when you take your first bite……oh my it is heavenly bliss!!
Can you freeze Keto Coconut Cream Pie? Tips + Recipe
- stand mixer or hand mixer
- Large Bowl
- 9" pie plate
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 5 tbsp monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 1/8 tsp powdered stevia
- 1/8 tsp maple extract
- 3 tbsp butter; softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 boxes Simply Delish Vanilla Pudding
- 1 13-14oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk plus extra if needed
- 8 oz cream cheese; softened
- 1/3 cup monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tbsp confectioners erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Make crust first so it can cool while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl put all crust ingredients in and mix with a fork mashing the butter with the fork.
- Keep working in the butter until it is all moistened and resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into a 9" glass pie pan. It will take some time to work it all around and partly up the sides. Press down with the bottom of a glass or measuring cup that has been chilled.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Watch the last few minutes as it can burn easily.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl combine the dry pudding mixes with the coconut milk and almond milk.
- Whip with a hand mixer or stand mixer for 2 minutes.
- It should have a creamy consistency. If it is super thick, add a little bit of unsweetened almond milk 1 tbsp at a time until it is creamy.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- ONLY after crust is COMPLETELY cooled, spread 1 1/2 cups of the prepared pudding into the bottom of the crust. Set aside any remaining pudding for another step.
- In a separate bowl make the whipped cream.
- Whip heavy cream, confectioners erythritol and vanilla extract until you get soft peaks.
- In another separate bowl whip cream cheese with the monkfruit sweetener until smooth.
- Now fold HALF of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until completely combined. Reserve the other half of the whipped cream for another step.
- Now add HALF of this mixture you just created (with the whipped cream and cream cheese) to the bowl with the remaining pudding mixture. Stir well until combined.
- Spread this newly created mixture OVER the pudding mixture in the pie plate.
- You can either spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on the very top of the pie OR you can reserve it till serving time and pipe out a decorative border as I have here!
- The last layer you will spread onto the pie will be the remaining HALF of the whipped cream that was reserved.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or 8 hours.
- If you saved the 3rd layer for piping do this after it has set for the 8 hrs.
- Optionally top with toasted unsweetened coconut. Simply toast on low in a dry skillet until golden.
Freezing Your Pie Whole
- To freeze your pie, keep it wrapped up in the plastic wrap and transfer to the freezer for another 8 hours or overnight. Do not go from fresh to frozen without the fridge time or it may separate. The time it sits in the fridge the fillings have time to meld together with each other and the crust. Thawing a frozen pie does take longer to thaw but will save you time and keep it in tact like a store-bought cream pie.
Freezing Your Pie In Slices
- If you would like to freeze the slices individually, as I have then do not put the whole pie in the freezer. You will want to proceed with these instructions.First you need to line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Now cut the pie into 8 moderately equal slices. Transfer each slice onto the parchment paper and place each a few inches away. Now place in the freezer for a couple of hours until it is firm enough to not yield to pressure.At this time you need your plastic wrap again. Place a small square of plastic wrap down, then take one piece of pie and wrap up working in a circle pattern for the best results. After all pieces are wrapped up, place inside a large freezer bag or airtight container with the storage date written on the outside with a permanent marker. This helps to prevent the pieces from getting freezer burns.If you do not have plastic wrap, then you can use aluminum foil as an alternative.
- When you are ready to eat the frozen cream pie, set it out at least 4 to 6 hours before wanting to serve if the pie is frozen solid.If you are thawing individual pieces, then place on a plate unwrapped from the tin foil or plastic wrap you used originally. It will need to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- This freezer method will work with all cream pie recipes.
- Try this with chocolate cream pie and or banana cream pie with the same results.
- You can try this with dairy free whipped cream made from refrigerated cream of coconut. Simply use in place of the heavy cream called for and whip until soft peaks.
- If you have leftover coconut cream pie, you need to freeze your slices within 4 days as the pie in the fridge has a short shelf life.