We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
I love coconut, as if you couldn’t tell from my recipes, lol! This special dessert or snack, however you want to look at it, is high in fiber and kept sugar free with allulose sweetener!
I prefer allulose sweetener actually because it doesn’t have the cooling sensation or possible digestive troubles that come with using monkfruit sweetener.
It also mixes up very well in ANY recipe s you will soon see if you decide to purchase some and give it a try! Just check out the notes section of my recipe for the link to my favorite brand I have shared with you!
As always, please leave a comment and let me know how the recipe turns out for you! I love hearing your feedback and results you get from my recipes!
Low Carb Macaroons
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup allulose sweetener –or- monkfruitsweetener
- 1/4 tsp stevia powder
- 1/3 cup fine ground almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp butter; melted and cooled
- 2 2/3 cup finely shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. While mixing, slowly pour in the allulose -or-monkfruit and stevia. Beat continuously for 5 minutes.
- Now add in the butter and vanilla. Mix well. Add in the almond flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, lemon zest and mix well.
- Lastly, stir in the coconut. Drop onto a prepared baking sheet with a scoop or tablespoon a few inches apart. Gently press down to ½ inch thick as these do not spread.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until they are golden brown around the edges with only a touch of brown on top. Cool on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- If you want to dip them in chocolate as pictured, melt 12 oz of your fave chocolate in a double boiler and mix in 2 tsp of coconut oil. Let cool in fridge so the chocolate will set. Store in the fridge up to 1 week.