Its another retro favorite but this time it is filled with protein and light mint flavor with the addition of CPTG Peppermint essential oil. The co-star here is Chocolate Mint Keto Krisp bars by Taste CanDo.
Make this the day you need it as it only needs about 1 hour to set in the fridge. Let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving so the gelatin can soften a bit and give a creamier bite!
Keto No Bake Grasshopper Pie
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1/3 c monkfruit
- 1/4 tsp stevia; powdered
- 1/3 c gelatin
- 1/2 c COLD water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 drops CTPG peppermint essential oil or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
Whipped Cream for Pie:
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp stevia
- 2 drops CPTG peppermint essential oil or 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp natural green food coloring
- 4 Keto Krisp Chocolate Mint Bars processed to crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter; melted
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For topping pie:
- 2 Keto Krisp Chocolate Mint Bars
- Make the crust first.
- Put Keto Krisp Chocolate Mint Bars in a food processor. Process to crumbs. Slowly stream in melted butter while processing.
- Press mixture into a 9″ pie plate and put in the freezer.
- In mixing bowl of stand mixer, mix together cold water and gelatin. Meanwhile, heat 1 1/2 c water with monkfruit and stevia in a small saucepan until dissolved. Add in vanilla, salt and peppermint oil.
- While mixing gelatin, slowly stream in heated sweetened mixture. Whip until it triples in size and turns to fluff.
- In a separate large bowl, whip the cream, stevia, peppermint EO and food coloring until soft peaks form.
- Mix whipped cream into gelatin mixture until combined.
- Spread into crust. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Make whipped topping. Spread over pie. Finish with sprinkled Keto Krisp Chocolate Mint Bar crumbs on top.
- Let sit at room temperature 5 minutes to soften pie a bit for a creamier bite.
- Store in fridge up to 5 days.