We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
You know the little pancake and sausage dippers you would get in the frozen section?
I remember from the 80s, since you know I am an 80s kid, lol. Well this could also be a to-go version of pancakes and sausage together as well if you are not having the nostalgia like me!
These come together in the blender and will be perfect for quick morning on-the-go breakfasts when you need something more than a smoothie or bar…. you need some MEAT and FAT to carry you till lunch! This packs it all into a little muffin size punch!
To reheat, I recommend the oven on 350 for 5-8 minutes. The microwave will make these rubbery….. just a warning!
If you are looking for more low carb recipes you can make ahead, check out my 2nd cookbook, “Chaffles, Cast Iron and The Crock” here for 86 more!
Low Carb Sausage and Pancake Dippers
- 1/3 lb breakfast sausage browned & crumbled/ or 6 small links cooked & chopped fine
- 4 lg eggs
- 1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp maple extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup butter / or coconut oil for dairy free melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Optional if batter is too thick
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin well or use silicone muffin cups.
- In a blender add eggs, monkfruit and extracts. Blend until smooth.
- Add in coconut flour, butter, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Blend. Let sit 10 minutes.
- NOW add water if batter is too thick and blend again. Scrape down sides as you blend to incorporate everything.
- Add batter to muffin tins by scooping with a cookie scoop, or 2 tbsp per well.
- Evenly distribute the sausage crumbles/pieces amongst all muffin wells. Push down a bit so they are in the batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until toothpick tested clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before enjoying with some Keto maple syrup!
- These keep well as a meal prep option! Warm in a 350F oven for 8 minutes. Microwave is not recommended.