We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
You have tried my coconut flour cookies, my low carb blondies and even my cookies made with my baking mix, and now you get a quick dairy free version! SO many to choose from, so everyone, allergies considered, can enjoy chocolate chip cookies!
When using the Nutiva Coconut Sugar as suggested they come to 4g carb per cookie.
Otherwise, if you use all erithrytol, they are approximately 1.5g carb each.
If you are looking for some more recipes your family will love without complaints, get a copy of my cookbook “Quick and Simple Low Carb Recipes” here and have 75 more low carb recipes at your fingertips!
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Palm Shortening *you can use butter here, it may cause the cookie to have more crumb
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp monkfruit sweetener/or erithrytol
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Coconut Sugar *you can alternately use low carb brown sugar but they will not be as moist
- 1/2 tsp Nu Naturals Pure Stevia Powder *you can use an alternate stevia, but make sure its pure so you get the level of sweetness desired
- 1/4 tsp maple extract *Frontier brand is my favorite
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour *Bobs Red Mill is my favorite
- 2 tbsp coconut flour *Bobs Red Mill is my favorite. Nutiva is a good brand too!
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips *Lily's chocolate chips are sugar free and help keep carbs low.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place shortening and egg in a food processor. *See below for instructions without a food processor. Process 3 to 4 pulses. Scrape sides.
- Add monkfruit/erithrytol, stevia, and extracts. Pulse 3 to 4 times. Scrape Sides.
- Add flours, baking soda and salt. Pulse 3 to 4 times. Scrape sides again.
- Pulse 3 to 4 more times. Remove blade and remove container. With a wooden spoon stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out batter with a cookie scoop or tablespoon. Form into balls. Then with slightly damp hands, press flat to about 1/4 inch.
- The cookies will not spread much so get them the size you are wanting. 12 should fit on a standard cookie sheet, 3 deep, 4 wide.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container or zip bag up to 6 days on the counter.